Hi, friends. How’s everyone doing?
I haven’t written a blog post in quite a while. Working from home has been busy, and projects on Instagram have been busy. But I think we all know, the universe has forced us to slow down and do things differently. I want to keep creating content and even create distractions for you to enjoy, but I also want to be mindful of what’s going on in the world.
Since we can’t exactly go out and shop or have brunch or just do what we do…..I’m hoping I can share some things that will make life in quarantine a bit brighter, and share some things to look forward to when it’s over.
It’s safe to say a lot of us won’t be wearing makeup quite as often as we once did. That makes it a great time to switch our focus to skincare. I’m a firm believer that you can find great skincare products in a wide range of price points. Some things I’m willing to pay more for if I need to, but I love finding a hidden gem that’s affordable! Today I’m sharing some of my favorite skincare items that are all under $20! I will share links, and they are affiliate so please know if you purchase I will make a small commission, but there is no extra cost to you.
Here’s a look at everything on the list, and I’ll break it all down for you below! For reference, I am in my late 30s and I have combination skin. Most of these products are recommended for all skin types, but if you have any extreme skin issues or concerns, definitely read up on them before trying!
1. Caudalie Grape Water. This product is the giver of life, y’all. Trust me when I say, I was really skeptical about paying for a can of water. It flies in the face of practicality, right? It is so soothing, refreshing, and instantly makes your skin feel calmed. It helps redness and skin irritation almost immediately. You can use it in place of a toner, or you can spray it on immediately after toner. One of my favorite ways to use it is by spraying on a heavy layer and then going in with a facial oil. Heavenly.
2. Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel. I have used this cleanser almost exclusively for the last few years. I love it because it leaves my skin feeling clean but it doesn’t make it feel dried out. I truly think this is a cleanser most skin types could use because it doesn’t strip your skin, it just gets all the junk off of it, and that’s exactly what I want my cleanser to do. The best part? An 8 oz. bottle is under $15!
3. Sdara Rose Quartz Facial Roller. I always wanted one of these. Is it because it’s just pink and pretty? Maybe. But once I actually had it in my hands, it became a game changer for my skin. This was sent to me by Sdara Skincare, and as I have continued to work with them, I am impressed with their products and their service. I love to use this as my very last skincare step and really work everything I’ve just applied into my skin. Using a roller can give you a lot of the same benefits as facial massage. I credit this with the decrease of puffiness under my eyes, and an overall smoother, brighter complexion. And, if you pop it in the fridge for a bit, it.is.divine.
4. Mario Badescu Witch Hazel and Lavender Toner. I don’t know about you, but when I was in junior high, I liked to slather my face with Sea Breeze Astringent and I was convinced the burning feeling meant it was doing something effective! Yikes. I have now come to realize burning isn’t always good. Haha! This toner is really gentle and never burns my skin. I feel like it gets everything super clean before I start going in with any serums or moisturizers. I use it after my cleanser, before I spray the Caudalie Grape Water. Bonus: the lavender smells amazing, but it also comes in other scents!
5. Shiseido Facial Cotton. This is such a simple thing, but I’m not kidding when I tell you it has thousands of 5 star reviews across multiple retailers. Can you get a bag of cotton balls much cheaper? Yes. But I stopped using cotton balls or even round cotton pads a long time ago. They not only fall apart and leave fibers everywhere, you have to use twice as many to get the job done. These are a little luxury and once you use them, you’ll see why. Promise!
6. Sdara Hydrating Sheet Mask. Sheet masks have grown in popularity and I love them because I am L A Z Y. You pop it on, take it right off, and there’s nothing you have to scrub or peel off your skin. I have combination skin so I am always careful about anything with hydration for fear of breakouts – this sheet mask was awesome. No breakouts, just plump, hydrated skin!
7. Freeman Feeling Beautiful Sweet Tea and Lemon Clay Mask. When you have time to do a peel off mask, this one is my favorite. You can get a huge 6 oz tube for under $5! This is my go-to when I have any breakouts. I’ll do the mask at night before bed and I swear the next morning any blemishes or irritated areas are smaller, less red, and just overall look and feel better. For the price and the result, it absolutely cannot be beat!
8. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover. This is not the cheapest product on the market, but it works really well. I frequently use waterproof and long-wear formulas on my eyes and lips and I never want to have to tug or scrub on those delicate areas. This is another tried and true product that thousands of people swear by, and I just happen to be one of them. Because it works so well, you don’t have to use tons of it, so it does last a pretty long time. That makes it worth the price to me!
Definitely check out more products from Sdara right HERE. I have been working with them for several months and enjoyed every product I’ve tried so far. They have a new mineral sunscreen that’s really awesome because it’s free of nasty ingredients and made with our planet and your health in mind. It’s also not greasy which is a deal breaker for me when it comes to putting sunscreen on my face! *This post is not sponsored by them, but they are a small business and I genuinely enjoy their products*
I hope this post is helpful and that you find a little something new to add to your skincare routine. I know we are all at different places in life right now, and none of it is easy, but if skincare is something you’re focusing on right now as a way to practice self-care, I think you’ll enjoy these products. What are the best inexpensive products you’ve tried? Let me know what I need to add to my skincare arsenal, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for more fashion, beauty, and lifestyle content!
Take care, stay safe, be well.